The eLAPS licensing system is working again. Please contact licensing if you have concerns with an application with effective date of 6/13/22 or 6/14/22.

Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division

  • Senate File 2374 signed into law.

    Governor Reynolds Signs SF2374
    Gov. Reynolds signing SF2374

    On June 14, 2022, Governor Reynolds signed SF2374 into law at Revelton Distilling in Osceola, Iowa. The bill streamlines alcohol licensing processes for in-state and out-of-state alcoholic beverage manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers, making it easier to conduct business in Iowa. In addition, the bill creates parity in the license fee structure and privileges granted to those businesses engaged in the alcoholic beverage industry in the state.

    While the licensing changes in the bill don't take effect until January 1, 2023, ABD is already beginning to modify systems and prepare comprehensive education so that affected licensees will experience a seamless transition. More information will be communicated directly to licensees in the coming months.

  • Class "C" Liquor Licensees:
    Apply/Renew Using GovConnectIowa

    GovConnectIowa allows users to apply for and renew licenses, file for permits, and perform various other tasks with multiple state agencies. Effective July 1, 2022, all new and renewal applications for a class "C" liquor license must be submitted through GovConnectIowa.

  • All Other Alcohol Licenses and Permits

  • I-PACT Alcohol Retailer Certification


    The program focuses on preventing underage sales and sales to intoxicated patrons.

  • I-PLEDGE Tobacco Retailer Certification


    This program focuses on preventing underage sales and when not to make a sale.